The Allotments at Martham
The allotments at Cess Road, Martham were first provided by the Parish Council in 1935 on land leased from Norfolk County Council. The map shown in the album below is part of the original agreement and shows many of the landowner names before the allotments were provided.
Brian Wright was a Parish Councillor and keen allotment holder who actively managed them for many years. In 2010 the Council decided to provide a water supply and Brian dug out the trenches needed for the pipes by hand. Councillor Terry Watson has also been a keen supporter of the allotments for many years.
Click a thumbnail for a close-up and scroll through all the images from there.