{"id":9054,"date":"2020-04-30T17:59:12","date_gmt":"2020-04-30T16:59:12","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054"},"modified":"2025-10-23T12:11:08","modified_gmt":"2025-10-23T11:11:08","slug":"grange-farm","status":"publish","type":"page","link":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054","title":{"rendered":"Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"has-large-font-size wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-image is-style-default\">\n<figure class=\"aligncenter size-large is-resized\"><img fetchpriority=\"high\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"668\" src=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001-1024x668.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-8996\" style=\"width:763px;height:497px\" srcset=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001-1024x668.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001-300x196.jpg 300w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001-768x501.jpg 768w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001-1536x1003.jpg 1536w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001-1200x783.jpg 1200w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/West-End-Cottage-001.jpg 1920w\" sizes=\"(max-width: 709px) 85vw, (max-width: 909px) 67vw, (max-width: 1362px) 62vw, 840px\" \/><figcaption class=\"wp-element-caption\">West End Cottage Farm <\/figcaption><\/figure>\n<\/div>\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9072\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noopener\">Sco<\/a><\/em> which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was called West End Cottage.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">Thomas Francis was the farmer and landowner at the time and developed the barns there in around 1797.<\/p>\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-image\">\n<figure class=\"aligncenter size-full\"><img decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"704\" src=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Anne-Rising-Francis-1842-Tithe-Award-map.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-22701\" srcset=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Anne-Rising-Francis-1842-Tithe-Award-map.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Anne-Rising-Francis-1842-Tithe-Award-map-300x206.jpg 300w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Anne-Rising-Francis-1842-Tithe-Award-map-768x528.jpg 768w\" sizes=\"(max-width: 709px) 85vw, (max-width: 909px) 67vw, (max-width: 1362px) 62vw, 840px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div>\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">At the time of the <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6318\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noopener\">1812 Inclosure Award <\/a><\/em>Thomas owned 90 acres of land in and around West End Cottage which consisted of a house, yard, outbuildings, garden, orchard and the 90 acres of land.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">After Thomas died in 1837 the old house was considerably changed with a large extension to the front (west) and south sides. This would have been in about 1840 when the house had passed into the hands of Thomas\u2019 granddaughter Anne Rising Francis and her husband (and cousin) George Edward Francis. There is an indication that the original house was enlarged rather than demolished with a new replacement in that the name of it continued in use for sometime. The name seems to have changed for good soon after 1862.<\/p>\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-image is-style-default\">\n<figure class=\"aligncenter size-large\"><img decoding=\"async\" width=\"1024\" height=\"612\" src=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point-1024x612.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-9061\" srcset=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point-1024x612.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point-300x179.jpg 300w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point-768x459.jpg 768w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point-1536x918.jpg 1536w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point-1200x717.jpg 1200w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-aircraft-crash-point.jpg 1920w\" sizes=\"(max-width: 709px) 85vw, (max-width: 909px) 67vw, (max-width: 1362px) 62vw, 840px\" \/><\/figure>\n<\/div>\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">This picture is of a meadow just to the east of The Grange. On the 4th March 1945 a De Havilland Mosquito from 68 Squadron, Coltishall crashed in this area after being shot down by an Anti Aircraft Gun which was based at Runham the crew parachuted out and landed in Martham village, one sustaining a broken leg.<\/p>\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-image is-style-default\">\n<figure class=\"aligncenter size-large\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"640\" height=\"480\" src=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Fram-workers.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-9064\" srcset=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Fram-workers.jpg 640w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Fram-workers-300x225.jpg 300w\" sizes=\"(max-width: 640px) 85vw, 640px\" \/><figcaption class=\"wp-element-caption\">Grange Farm workers<\/figcaption><\/figure>\n<\/div>\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Chronology<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1812 \u2013 Thomas Francis was the owner the house, yard, outbuildings, garden, orchard and land amounting to about 90 acres at the time of the <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6318\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noopener\">1812 Inclosure Award. <\/a><\/em>He also had five tenants occupying cottages.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1832 to 1836 inclusive. Thomas Francis (1743 to 1837) and George Edward Francis (1791 to 1842) were listed in the Martham <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Register of Electors<\/a><\/em> at <strong>West End Farm <\/strong>for these years.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1840- George Edward Francis (husband of Anne Rising Francis,  they were also cousins) was listed on the Martham <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Register of Electors<\/a><\/em> at <strong>West End Farm<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">In 1841 the farm was called <strong>West End Cottage <\/strong>and it was occupied by George &amp; Anne Francis and their children.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1842 &#8211; Anne Rising Francis was the owner at the time of the <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6402\">Tithe Award.<\/a><\/em><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1845 &#8211; Anne Rising Francis was listed in <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6642\">White\u2019s Directory<\/a><\/em> at <strong>West End Cottage<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1850 &#8211; Anne Rising Francis was listed in <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6642\">Hunt\u2019s Directory<\/a><\/em> at <strong>West End Cottage.<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1851 census &#8211; Anne Rising Francis was the occupier and the property was listed as <strong>Grange Cottage.<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1856 to 1860 inclusive \u2013 William Gillett was listed in the Martham <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Register of Electors<\/a><\/em> at <strong>The Grange, Cess.<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1861 &#8211; William Gillett (1813-1883) lived at the house and farmed 550 acres of land. The house was again listed as <strong>West End Cottage. <\/strong>He was the brother of Harriet Gillett who married <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=13303\">Benjamin William Rising.<\/a><\/em> <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1864 \u2013 William Gillett was listed as a \u00a350 occupier in the <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Martham Register <\/a><\/em>of Electors at <strong>The Grange.<\/strong> &nbsp;<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1866 \u2013 William Gillett was listed in the Martham <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Register of Electors <\/a><\/em>at <strong>The Grange<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1867 to 1882 \u2013 Alfred Mabbot Wiseman was listed in the Martham <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Register of Electors<\/a><\/em> at <strong>The Grange.<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1871 &amp; 1881 \u2013 Alfred Mabbot Wiseman &amp; his wife Thirza were listed as occupiers of <strong>The Grange<\/strong> in the 1871 &amp; 1881 census returns.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1883 &#8211; Alfred Mabbot Wiseman was listed owner of <strong>The Grange<\/strong> in <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6642\">Kelly\u2019s Directory.<\/a><\/em><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1885 to 1895. <strong>The Grange<\/strong> was not listed in the <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=5428\">Register of Electors <\/a><\/em>during these years.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1889 &#8211; Henry William ULPH of Great Yarmouth purchased Grange Farm at auction in July 1889. It consisted of 271 acres and he paid \u00a37,900 for it. He never lived there but resided in Great Yarmouth. His son William Gladstone ULPH ran the farm for him.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1891 census \u2013 William Munford and his wife Maria were the occupiers at what was listed as <strong>Grange Farm Cottage<\/strong>. William was a farm bailiff working for William ULPH.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1896 \u2013 William Gladstone ULPH was listed in <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6642\">Kelly\u2019s Directory<\/a><\/em> under the private residence section. He had moved into Grange Farm with his wife Annie and taken over its running on behalf of his father.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1900 &#8211; Henry ULPH died on 10th June 1900 and left Grange Farm to his son William who had been running it.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1901 census \u2013 William and his wife Annie lived and farmed  at what was listed as <strong>Grange Farm House<\/strong>. He was 32 and was born at Middlesex. William &amp; Annie had moved out to London by 1911.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1911 census \u2013 Dimesa and Alice Aldred were the occupiers of <strong>The Grange<\/strong>. He was a retired watch maker\/dealer. It is unclear whether they were the owners or rented the farm.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1937 \u2013 Percy Wiseman was listed as the owner of <strong>The Grange<\/strong> in <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=6642\">Kelly\u2019s Directory.<\/a><\/em><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">1939 \u2013 Percy and Hilda Wiseman were listed in the <em><a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=7336\">1939 Register<\/a><\/em> as owner or occupiers of <strong>The Grange.<\/strong> He was a farmer born 1889 whilst was Hilda born in 1896.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">William Pratt is said to be the owner before 1953.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"has-medium-font-size wp-block-paragraph\">Peter Norton purchased <strong>The Grange<\/strong> in 1953.<\/p>\n\n\n<div class=\"wp-block-image is-style-default\">\n<figure class=\"aligncenter size-large is-resized\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" width=\"620\" height=\"414\" src=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-Repps-Road-Martham-001.jpg\" alt=\"\" class=\"wp-image-9066\" style=\"width:798px;height:533px\" srcset=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-Repps-Road-Martham-001.jpg 620w, https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/wp-content\/uploads\/Grange-Farm-Repps-Road-Martham-001-300x200.jpg 300w\" sizes=\"(max-width: 620px) 85vw, 620px\" \/><figcaption class=\"wp-element-caption\">Grange Farm 2018<\/figcaption><\/figure>\n<\/div>\n\n\n<p class=\"has-text-align-right wp-block-paragraph\"><a class=\"maxbutton-18 maxbutton maxbutton-buildings-button\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"noopener\" href=\"http:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=1231\"><span class='mb-text'>Back to Buildings<\/span><\/a>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was &hellip; <a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054\" class=\"more-link\">Continue reading<span class=\"screen-reader-text\"> &#8220;Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage&#8221;<\/span><\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":0,"parent":0,"menu_order":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","template":"elementor_header_footer","meta":{"ngg_post_thumbnail":0,"footnotes":""},"class_list":["post-9054","page","type-page","status-publish","hentry"],"aioseo_notices":[],"aioseo_head":"\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO 5.0.0.1 - aioseo.com -->\n\t<meta name=\"description\" content=\"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"robots\" content=\"max-image-preview:large\" \/>\n\t<link rel=\"canonical\" href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054\" \/>\n\t<meta name=\"generator\" content=\"All in One SEO (AIOSEO) 5.0.0.1\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:locale\" content=\"en_GB\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:site_name\" content=\"Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk - Martham History\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:type\" content=\"article\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:title\" content=\"Grange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:description\" content=\"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"og:url\" content=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:published_time\" content=\"2020-04-30T16:59:12+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:modified_time\" content=\"2025-10-23T11:11:08+00:00\" \/>\n\t\t<meta property=\"article:publisher\" content=\"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/www.marthamnorfolk.co.uk\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:card\" content=\"summary_large_image\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:title\" content=\"Grange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk\" \/>\n\t\t<meta name=\"twitter:description\" content=\"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was\" \/>\n\t\t<script type=\"application\/ld+json\" class=\"aioseo-schema\">\n\t\t\t{\"@context\":\"https:\\\/\\\/schema.org\",\"@graph\":[{\"@type\":\"BreadcrumbList\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054#breadcrumblist\",\"itemListElement\":[{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk#listItem\",\"position\":1,\"name\":\"Home\",\"item\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\",\"nextItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054#listItem\",\"name\":\"Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage\"}},{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054#listItem\",\"position\":2,\"name\":\"Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage\",\"previousItem\":{\"@type\":\"ListItem\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk#listItem\",\"name\":\"Home\"}}]},{\"@type\":\"Person\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/#person\",\"name\":\"admin\",\"image\":{\"@type\":\"ImageObject\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054#personImage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/secure.gravatar.com\\\/avatar\\\/20c26873ddc6dbe8b6a9a31e50e9ab40e7f5a87ed13777850c8228cac87a374f?s=96&d=mm&r=g\",\"width\":96,\"height\":96,\"caption\":\"admin\"}},{\"@type\":\"WebPage\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054#webpage\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054\",\"name\":\"Grange Farm, Martham \\u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk\",\"description\":\"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-GB\",\"isPartOf\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/#website\"},\"breadcrumb\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/?page_id=9054#breadcrumblist\"},\"datePublished\":\"2020-04-30T17:59:12+01:00\",\"dateModified\":\"2025-10-23T12:11:08+01:00\"},{\"@type\":\"WebSite\",\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/#website\",\"url\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/\",\"name\":\"Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk\",\"description\":\"Martham History\",\"inLanguage\":\"en-GB\",\"publisher\":{\"@id\":\"https:\\\/\\\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\\\/#person\"}}]}\n\t\t<\/script>\n\t\t<!-- All in One SEO -->\n\n","aioseo_head_json":{"title":"Grange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk","description":"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was","canonical_url":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054","robots":"max-image-preview:large","keywords":"","webmasterTools":{"miscellaneous":""},"schema":{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@graph":[{"@type":"BreadcrumbList","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054#breadcrumblist","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk#listItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk","nextItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054#listItem","name":"Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage"}},{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054#listItem","position":2,"name":"Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage","previousItem":{"@type":"ListItem","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk#listItem","name":"Home"}}]},{"@type":"Person","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/#person","name":"admin","image":{"@type":"ImageObject","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054#personImage","url":"https:\/\/secure.gravatar.com\/avatar\/20c26873ddc6dbe8b6a9a31e50e9ab40e7f5a87ed13777850c8228cac87a374f?s=96&d=mm&r=g","width":96,"height":96,"caption":"admin"}},{"@type":"WebPage","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054#webpage","url":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054","name":"Grange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk","description":"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was","inLanguage":"en-GB","isPartOf":{"@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/#website"},"breadcrumb":{"@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054#breadcrumblist"},"datePublished":"2020-04-30T17:59:12+01:00","dateModified":"2025-10-23T12:11:08+01:00"},{"@type":"WebSite","@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/#website","url":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/","name":"Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk","description":"Martham History","inLanguage":"en-GB","publisher":{"@id":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/#person"}}]},"og:locale":"en_GB","og:site_name":"Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk - Martham History","og:type":"article","og:title":"Grange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk","og:description":"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was","og:url":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054","article:published_time":"2020-04-30T16:59:12+00:00","article:modified_time":"2025-10-23T11:11:08+00:00","article:publisher":"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/www.marthamnorfolk.co.uk","twitter:card":"summary_large_image","twitter:title":"Grange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage - Home of the History of Martham, Norfolk","twitter:description":"Grange Farm, Martham - once known as West End Cottage The area around what is now Grange Farm has ancient roots. It is at the centre of the lost hamlet of Sco which was so small it never became an ecclesiastical parish. The house that was there at that time is shown above and was"},"aioseo_meta_data":{"post_id":"9054","title":null,"description":null,"keywords":null,"keyphrases":{"focus":{"keyphrase":"","score":0,"analysis":{"keyphraseInTitle":{"score":0,"maxScore":9,"error":1}}},"additional":[]},"primary_term":null,"canonical_url":null,"og_title":null,"og_description":null,"og_object_type":"default","og_image_type":"default","og_image_url":null,"og_image_width":null,"og_image_height":null,"og_image_custom_url":null,"og_image_custom_fields":null,"og_video":"","og_custom_url":null,"og_article_section":null,"og_article_tags":null,"twitter_use_og":false,"twitter_card":"default","twitter_image_type":"default","twitter_image_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_url":null,"twitter_image_custom_fields":null,"twitter_title":null,"twitter_description":null,"schema":{"blockGraphs":[],"customGraphs":[],"default":{"data":{"Article":[],"Course":[],"Dataset":[],"FAQPage":[],"Movie":[],"Person":[],"Product":[],"ProductReview":[],"Car":[],"Recipe":[],"Service":[],"SoftwareApplication":[],"WebPage":[]},"graphName":"WebPage","isEnabled":true},"graphs":[]},"schema_type":"default","schema_type_options":"{\"article\":{\"articleType\":\"BlogPosting\"},\"course\":{\"name\":\"\",\"description\":\"\",\"provider\":\"\"},\"faq\":{\"pages\":[]},\"product\":{\"reviews\":[]},\"recipe\":{\"ingredients\":[],\"instructions\":[],\"keywords\":[]},\"software\":{\"reviews\":[],\"operatingSystems\":[]},\"webPage\":{\"webPageType\":\"WebPage\"},\"blockGraphs\":[]}","pillar_content":false,"robots_default":true,"robots_noindex":false,"robots_noarchive":false,"robots_nosnippet":false,"robots_nofollow":false,"robots_noimageindex":false,"robots_noodp":false,"robots_notranslate":false,"robots_max_snippet":"-1","robots_max_videopreview":"-1","robots_max_imagepreview":"large","priority":null,"frequency":"default","local_seo":null,"breadcrumb_settings":null,"limit_modified_date":false,"ai":{"faqs":[],"keyPoints":[],"titles":[],"descriptions":[],"socialPosts":{"email":[],"linkedin":[],"twitter":[],"facebook":[],"instagram":[]}},"created":"2022-08-13 17:07:46","updated":"2025-10-23 11:19:07","seo_analyzer_scan_date":null,"focus_keyword":null,"additional_keywords":null,"truseo_locale":null},"aioseo_breadcrumb":"<div class=\"aioseo-breadcrumbs\"><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\" title=\"Home\">Home<\/a>\n\t\t<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb-separator\">&raquo;<\/span><span class=\"aioseo-breadcrumb\">\n\t\t\tGrange Farm, Martham \u2013 once known as West End Cottage\n\t\t<\/span><\/div>","aioseo_breadcrumb_json":[{"label":"Home","link":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk"},{"label":"Grange Farm, Martham &#8211; once known as West End Cottage","link":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/?page_id=9054"}],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/9054","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/types\/page"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fcomments&post=9054"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/9054\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":32475,"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/pages\/9054\/revisions\/32475"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/marthamnorfolk.co.uk\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fmedia&parent=9054"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}